Everything you need to know is right here. (Last updated November 16, 2012)
- I love constructive criticism. This blog belongs to my followers as much as it belongs to me, so if you don’t like how I’m running things or the background I’m using please let me know!
- If you’ve submitted a confession I recommend to never read the comments. People can be very, very mean. I understand that it might hurt your feelings, but no matter what it is you confess there will be somebody who will disagree with it. TL;DR people suck, but you cannot let them bother you.
- After thousands of confessions submitted to me this is more of a ponyopinions blog and this is the way with all confession-themed blogs.
- The submission button is open between Friday 7AM CST to Monday 7AM CST*. 7:00 is just a guideline. It could be a lot earlier, or a lot later. Essentially, it means sometime Friday morning and sometimes Monday morning.
- I will fix grammatical and spelling errors. Don’t take it personally—my grammar isn’t great either.
- Your confession doesn’t necessarily have to be about FiM. It can be about any of the other generations.
- I might re-word your submission a bit to make it easier to read or easier for me make into a photo. Again, don’t be insulted please. I wouldn’t edit it so much that you wouldn’t be able to tell it was yours. The original caption is always posted in the caption along with the photo.
- Please don’t submit confessions with a ton of profanity. If it says something like, “Wow, eff this effing pony right in the effing bunghole titties. Effing bitch filly. EFF YEAH MLP” I won’t accept it.
- Make sure your submission makes sense! Read over your confessions and ask yourself, “Would someone who doesn’t know what I am talking about, understand what I am talking about?”
- I don’t accept submissions BASHING other submissions.
- I don’t accept overly sexual submissions.
- If you have more than one confession, you can submit them in multiple posts, or you can put them all in one. The latter is easier for me, but I don’t really care. <3
- I will not, under any circumstance, accept confessions that are bashing a particular artist or musician or whatever. I’ve seen plenty of confessions saying they hate this guy’s artwork, or this dude’s music. I’m sorry you don’t like it, but I don’t want the feelings of others to be hurt. (not directly anyway. :P)
- I have the right to refuse any confession I feel might create a negative outlook on me, this blog, bronies, or anything else. I was trying hard to stay really unbiased, but after the Muslim-Fluttershy incident I’d rather not deal with any of that again. I had some pretty horrible things said to me and it’s not worth it.
- Please include the date with your confession. If you forget it, it’s not a big deal. You don’t need to send in another submission with the date on it. :P the date is for tracking purposes.
- I accept repeat confessions, but keep in mind that original confessions are much more fun to read. The original confessions are usually the favorites of most people and me. Repeat confessions will be tagged as “common.” It’s nothing personal against you, I promise.
- If you include your name in the submission, I won’t reject it, but your name will not be included. Ex. I wish the ponies were kitties :3 1/13/12 by ponyconfessions. I prefer to keep this all anonymous. If you have a photosubmission and you included your name it will not be rejected. I understand that since you made the picture for it, you’d like to be given the credit. (but, personally I think it being all anonymous makes it a little bit more fun. ;P)
- If you have a picture you would like to be used in your confession, but you don’t want to make it yourself, feel free to submit it with your confession. There is no promise that I’ll use it, but I will definitely consider it.
- No confessions that only say, “I don’t like Pinkie Pie.” or “I don’t like R34.” They’re bland, generic and vague. If you explain yourself it will most likely be accepted.
- If you make your own, I ask that the picture isn’t too nsfw. You can look through the other submissions and see what’s acceptable. If the picture shows any “naughty parts” I would appreciate if those were covered up.
- Feel free to make it in any style you feel comfortable with. It doesn’t have to look like the way I do it. Diversity is our friend. c:
- Make sure you write ponyconfessions.tumblr.com on there somewhere.
- Please use the “upload photo” button instead of the HTML. Sometimes the HTML doesn’t work for me.
- If you’re using a picture made by someone else, do not cover up their name or signature. If you happen to have the sauce for it, go ahead and let me know because I don’t really feel like getting sued. :P
- If you’re confused on how to make a photo submission you can ask me or look through the blog. I’ve marked the photosubmissions with an astrix, or ponyconfessions.tumblr.com/tagged/Photo_Submission
- Don’t worry if yours isn’t up right away. Unless you have disobeyed the rules or if you’re being a turd it will be posted! I promise!
- I make the confessions and (sometimes) answer questions in the order they were received.
- Any questions regarding when your confession is going to be posted will be ignored. Seriously, I get like four of them a day. Relax people. :P
- I will not respond to anonymous source questions. The source will still be posted for the picture, but I don’t like spamming my followers with ask questions and things. I prefer if source questions were not anonymous at all, so I can directly give you the link for it. Please don’t worry about being embarrassed or whatever— I was the one who had it save on the computer first :P
- Some of the “confessions” are really silly. Like, “Vampires don’t sparkle, Twilight Sparkle!” I realize this isn’t a real confession, nor is it even relevant to this blog at all but it made me laugh and it’s my blog so hah! :D
Things that are not confessions
- Telling me you’re unfollowing me is not a confession.
- As much as I love getting these, telling me you love this blog is not a pony confession. Therefore I cannot post it. If you would like to tell me how much you love my blog, send it through the ask so I can thank you properly. :3
- Likewise, telling me you hate this blog is not a confession. Use the ask box to troll, please.
- Confessions that are not pony related will not be submitted here. Sometimes people can get confused about what’s pony related. Confessions that are just about fan fiction in general are not pony related. Confessions about rule 34 in general are not pony related. Love and Tolerance isn’t an MLP thing. It’s never been said in the show, but is now associated with the show because some brony from /co/ or /b/ mentioned it once.
- This is not a head cannon blog. This is a head cannon blog.
- This is not a pony porn confession blog. I do accept *some* nsfw confessions, but if you have something very graphic you should head over to dirtyponyconfesions. (not affiliated with me, and the link is nsfw.)
- Confused? Here are some real examples of confessions that didn’t quite make the cut. Don’t do what they did!
There are ways to get around these rules. i.e. “I have a headcanon about Pinkie’s family being Amish,” is acceptable. “Pinkie’s family is Amish,” is not.
Here’s the part where I get mean:
No, I don’t know when your submission will be up. No, I don’t need any help running this blog. No, I will not ignore confessions that come up often. Submissions are open Friday-Monday. If you submit something to me any other time they will be deleted and ignored. I won’t contact you telling you when submissions are open and when they aren’t because it’s posted all over this blog. I don’t want any help running this blog. I’m sorry that I’m behind and I’m sorry you don’t like waiting but this is my blog and I will run it the way I want to. If that means it takes a year for you to see your confession, then so be it.
I apologize for any inconveniences, or the fact I might come off as a party pooper for having these rules. :/ it’s a lot of reading I know, but I think most of them were pretty standard things and I hope it didn’t give you a rash. :P happy submitting!